The Milk Lounge


No Black & White For Tomorrow

Heads up to all of our Jacksonville, FL readers: The Hives are crashing Jackrabbits this Friday! I would hope that you already knew this, but now you have no excuse. While it is disappointing that the release of their new album, "The Black & White Album", has been delayed until November 13th, I will gladly provide a couple of songs from it so you can sing-a-long at the show. I'll save my review of the album for closer to the actual release, but I will say that it's their most diverse release to date, and they pull it off extremely well. First up is the first single from the new album, "Tick Tick Boom". This track opens the album, and also advertised Nike running shoes. If you've ever heard The Hives before, this will sound very familiar, because it's a persistent romp of choppy power chords and loud screeching vocals.


The Hives- "Tick Tick Boom" [Removed]



Next up is "T.H.E.H.I.V.E.S.", a song that strays pretty far from their customary fast-paced punk sound. It begins with a friendly 'welcome' and simple, yet groovy disco riff. The song continues on at a relatively slow pace that would be easier to slow dance to rather than crowd surf or stage dive. I think it's great, but I'll let you judge for yourself.



The Hives- "T.H.E.H.I.V.E.S." [Removed]



Another upcoming album that I'd like to talk about is Coheed & Cambria's "Good Apollo, I'm Burning Star IV, Volume Two: No World for Tomorrow". I'd like to point out that the album title is so long, the band's website abbreviates the abbreviation. They often refer to it as NWFT. Anyway, I saw the video for the first single "The Running Free", and have not yet decided what to make of the song. The production value on Claudio Sanchez's vocals was very well done, and there were some of CoCa's trademark onomatopoeias, but I was left wanting a guitar solo or some kind of impressive instrumentation. Luckily, the rest of the album makes up for this, and the following song, "The Hound (of Blood and Rank)", has a fantastic intro that showcases their growing Pink Floyd influence.

Coheed & Cambria- "The Hound (of Blood and Rank)" [Removed]

Well, hopefully you liked the tracks, and I hope to see a whole bunch of Loungers at The Hives' show this Friday! Enjoy.

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “No Black & White For Tomorrow”

Post a Comment

      • Subscribe




© 2007 The Milk Lounge