The Milk Lounge


Thirsty Thursdays: 26

First off, I apologize for skipping last week's Thirsty Thursdays. My excuse? Well, laziness, but last Thursday was also the day I recieved an invite to the Hellgate: London Beta Test. For those who don't know, Hellgate: London is a new MMORPG coming out on Halloween. Maybe this is the point where I should warn the readers that this post is focused on video games and good music to listen to while playing them. Anyway, I was turned on to HG:L by the fact that many of its developers and designers are the same ones that created Diablo II, a game that literally consumed my middle school years. Seriously, I would wake up, go to school, come home, play D2, go to bed, rinse and repeat. Pathetic really, but I had a lot of fun, and have now fit a successful social life into my schedule. Hooray! The first track for this post will be from the Killer7 soundtrack. Killer7 is a fantastic on-rails shooter set in the midst of worldwide political turmoil. It's a very inovative gameplay system in which you switch between characters and fight off enemies. Blood spurts everywhere, and the plot spills over with adult themes and controversy. The soundtrack was composed by japanese music director, Masafumi Takada, and is one of my personal favorites as far as videogame soundtracks go.

Masafumi Takada- "Rave On" [Removed]

Speaking of my favorite VG soundtracks, the next song is from Metroid Prime. The Metroid series has always been known for its haunting sci-fi musical score, and Metroid Prime is no different. This track is taken from a point in the game in which you explore a ruined spacecraft that has sunken underwater. The music fits perfectly with the setting, as you float around and gently hop from platform to platform.

Kenji Yamamoto, Kouichi Kyuma- "The Downed Frigate Orpheon" [Removed]

This next song is not from a videogame soundtrack, but it's perfect for grinding. No, not the butt-shakin', ass-wigglin' kind of grinding, I mean the stay up all night and power level your character or do boss runs and find loot kind. It's a dark trance song by Techno Animal, one of Justin Broadrick's many side projects.

Techno Animal- "Robosapien" [Removed]

Next up is a song for casual gaming. It's a simple song with drum machine, hand claps, and vague, almost whicpered female vocals. It comes off smooth, sexy and very chill. The group is X District, two people that only met for about five minutes and sent sound tidbits back and forth over the internet. It's interesting, and makes for a cool premise for the music.

X Distict- "Color Correction" [Removed]

Now it's time for a song that might fit in both definitions for grinding. VHS Or Beta stole my heart with "Le Funk", and kept on lovin' with "Night On Fire". Their new album "Bring On The Comets" was alright, but just isn't the same without their original guitarist. I miss Zeke Buck and his electrodiscofunk style. Anyway, grind away with this dub version of "You Got Me".

VHS Or Beta- "You Got Me [Baby Daddy Dub]" [Removed]

My first gaming experiences were with cheap handhelds and the original gameboy. To this day, I can sit down and beat Super Mario Land straight through twice, which unlocks hard mode, and beat that without hesitating. I know that game like I know my CD collection. Well, those old games all had 8-bit music. You know, the shoddy sounding beeps and boops? Well, I have here an 8-bit remix of Beck's "E-Pro" from the "Hell Yes Remix EP". It's awesome, and it's full of nostalgic beeps and boops.

Beck- "Bad Cartridge (E-Pro) [Remix by Paza of The X-Dump]" [Removed]

Well, hope you liked the post. Thanks for reading, now go grind!

Labels: , , , , , ,

4 Responses to “Thirsty Thursdays: 26”

  1. # Blogger blckmgvivi

    yea! time to edit and make a stepfile (stepmania) for "rave_on". *bliss*  

  2. # Blogger blckmgvivi

    oh and that 8 bit remix reminds me of a game...that syth noise an some melody definitely from somewhere, excellent song  

  3. # Anonymous Anonymous

    Strobelbeats... dat was absurd goed!  

  4. # Blogger Teens Club

    Could you please repost the You Got Me (Baby Daddy Dub). I would be most appreciated.  

Post a Comment

      • Subscribe




© 2007 The Milk Lounge