The Milk Lounge


Twenty-Six Days

Above: Antarctic

We've been idle for well over twenty-six days now and it's not that we don't care about music or about all of the work we've put into our website. Its that for a little while there and maybe we've lost a little bit of inspiration to continue doing what we do. Although we will continue to blog it will be a bit sparse, our college lives seem to be draining what little free time we have. I'm also a bit sad to say yet at the same time somewhat gladded to announce the death of the weekly Thirsty Thursdays. Although they were fun while they lasted they have sort of become a pain in the neck and its hard to plan a big post and songs and all of that with (as mentioned before) what little free time we seem to have. This does not mean that we are going to go into a hiatus of any sort, but it was nice to have a little bit of break.

I've also found some pretty incredible music during the break. Although Kate Nash's debut album was released on August 6 2007 I had never really heard of her or taken the time to listen to the music. However after hearing the song "Foundations" that was on a sampler CD that comes with the magazine Paste that ToZ and I read I was surprised at the young ladies musical talents. The music is just so delicately poppy and fun (and English). Her lyrics always bring a smile to your face.

Kate Nash - "Foundations" [Removed]

I've been friends with guitarist/songwriter Brandon Highfill for a long time now and I have always thought his musical abilities were amazing. His latest band confirms my longstanding belief that he will continue to do great things in the world of music.Antarctic has blown me away with their melodic progressive rock sound. The band is instrumental and I couldn't see it being any other way. If you like this track then I would highly recommend that you go to the bands myspace. All the tracks seem as if they are ment to flow together and wow. I listen to all of them almost what seems like once a day. I will be following Brandon and his band and hopefully get out to a show as soon as I can. Amazing drumming, fantastic guitar tapping. All of the songs include a tremendous build up and flow together effortlessly while maintaining variation from song to song. One could describe the music as the melodic portions of a somewhat hardcore band, the riffs just seem to jump out and grab your attention with every second that passes.

Antarctic - "Paseo de Salamandria" [Removed]

Cheers,
Pipe

Labels: ,

0 Responses to “Twenty-Six Days”

Post a Comment

      • Subscribe




© 2007 The Milk Lounge