The Milk Lounge


Thirsty Thursday: 04

Sorry for the small delay, I was busy with life and other things. This morning was spent battling the ocean for world domination. We decided to share. I'd like to start our fourth installment of Thirsty Thursdays with Wilco's album openning track from the upcoming "Sky Blue Sky". It's a song to watch the clouds to, relax, or maybe ponder the universe. To me, it evokes the same feeling the album art does. Wispy birds floating by on a clean blue backdrop. Beautiful.

Wilco- "Either Way" [Removed]

The Who. Who? The Who. You know who The Who is. I was watching their performance on The Rolling Stone's Rock N' Roll Circus the other day, and realized they know how to get a party started. Be it exploding drums on live TV, holding the record for loudest concert through most of the 70s and 80s, or being banned from Holiday Inns for hotel room destruction, they must have some kind of "Instant Party Mixture". This song was previously unavailable until the "My Generation [Deluxe Edition]" was released.

The Who- "Instant Party Mixture" [Removed]

Trent Reznor changes his look a lot, but always seems to be dark. It's the same with his musical outlet, Nine Inch Nails, which has seem a lot of evolution since the ever popular "Head Like A Hole". Fishnets to leather, industrial/goth to electronic/rock/pop, this remix of "Every Day Is Exactly The Same" by two members of Interpol adds a lot to the song and makes it a little less lonely.

Nine Inch Nails- "Every Day Is Exactly The Same [Sam Fog Vs. Carlos D Mix]" [Removed]

The Mars Volta is a group I will always hold dear. I don't care if everyone says their a bunch of structureless noodlers, they psych me out. I have here a live acoustic version of "The Widow" from the single by the same name. The guitar strums away, and the vocal effects give me goosebumps. Scary.

The Mars Volta- "The Widow [Live Acoustic]"

Pipe, Khalid and I saw Lonely, Dear along with Pigeon John and Of Montreal in concert a little while back. It was obviously amazing, and here I have my favorite Lonely, Dear song remixed by CSS. Enough said.

Lonely, Dear- "The City, The Airport [CSS Remix]" [Removed]

Interpol has a new album coming out 7/10/07 called "Our Love To Admire". I'll be honest and say that the first time I listened to their debut album, I hated it. But when I came back to it a few months later (and matured musically) I really dug their sound. Smooth, arty, persistent. Here is a radio rip of "The Heinrich Maneuver", the first single from the upcoming album. I believe it deserves a listen or two.

Interpol - "The Heinrich Maneuver [radio rip]" [Removed]

Thank you and please enjoy this random assortment of songs to fulfill your thursday thirst.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Responses to “Thirsty Thursday: 04”

Post a Comment

      • Subscribe




© 2007 The Milk Lounge